Block Management refers to the process of managing residential blocks on behalf of Residents’ Flat Management Companies (RMCs) or freeholders.
Services are provided by the RMC or freeholder in accordance with the lease in exchange for service charges due from the leaseholders. RMCs and freeholders will usually appoint a professional managing agent to act on its behalf to provide the services and collect the service charge. Block management is referred to by other names such as leasehold management, estate management as well as remote property management in other cases.
The managing agent tasked with carrying out management tasks will ensure that all communal areas are kept in good order. This includes things like garden areas and concierge, as well as ensuring repairs and maintenance of gates, lifts and communal lighting.
Block Management is in-depth, managing the communication between freeholders and contractors, to ensure maintenance standards are kept. A managing agent is tasked with ensuring that not only do the contractors work effectively but that they are value for money.
Turners have been specialising in block management for over 20 years. Managing over 40 buildings in the local area we have an abundance of experience in this very and have a dedicated team in place to increase that portfolio further.
What we do:
- Collect monthly service charges and ground rent from all owners and send out monthly statements.
- Arrange buildings insurance and oversee any claims from start to finish.
- Instruct and oversee any repairs and settle contractor invoices. We use trusted local tradesmen.
- Arrange cleaning and gardening of communal areas, including guttering cleaning and refuse contracts
- Settle all communal utility bills, as well as searching for the best rates for the block annually.
- Carry out Fire Risk Assessments - using a competent in-house member of staff to significantly reduce costs.
- Organise monthly fire alarm tests and bi annual fire alarm and emergency light servicing.
- Quarterly inspections of the building and external communal areas.
- Accompanying NDDC and the Fire Service on routine inspections, utilising our close working relationship.
- We have a 24hr emergency number and people who can be on site in a matter of minutes.